Friday, November 12, 2010

Financial Renaissance

Well, darling readers, I continue to endeavor on my eternal quest for improvement and overcoming my past stupidity. Now comes the part that we have all been waiting for.....

I have stabilized my home conditions, check.... The kids are fed, and clothed, and watered, and then sent into the sunlight to grow and photosynthesize... now it is time to clean up THE MONEY....




Let's just say this is where my past can really hurt. I downloaded my annual credit reports today. I have lots of work to do, but I know I can do it. I can overcome this. Then, maybe... someday... a mortgage? A home of my very own that I can keep forever and ever, and name something silly like "the Respite" or " the fluffy poodle" I don't know.. the names need work. My heart sank when I saw bills dating back to 2004, while I was dealing with the aftermath of Dustin's birth, and I wasn't working. Now it is time to pay the piper, and the doctor, and all the other places where I couldn't pay.

I will overcome, and then I will go shopping.. someday......

2 comments:

Joy and Dennis said...

Excellent! Just take one step at a time, don't let it overwhelm you (or at least try). It can be done.....it will just take time. You have to be patient and you have to be dedicated, but I know you can do it. Think of the parable of eating an elephant. It's a whole elephant right now and there is no way you can eat it all at once. You have to "chop it up into bite size pieces." One bite at a time!

The Domestic Flunky said...

Agreed! You will get it! I have a "don't buy it the first time you see it" rule. I know it must be really hard with kids, but that rule saves me tons... and has helped me put money away for way funner stuff! (I also have a "if it doesn't smell funny, then you paid too much" hotel rule, but you may not want to adopt that one just yet... it is for the truly committed.)