Friday, April 24, 2009

Last days




Today is my last day at work. I am filled with nostalgia, and sorrow. Mainly, because this is something I have been doing for two+ years and I actually finished it the right way. I followed through and finished it till the end. I am very sad to go and leave my office, which will probably be the only "corner" office I will ever have. I am sad to leave behind all my friends that I have made here, and the joy they bring to my life.


I am grateful for my new job, and the excitement and the positive influence I can bring to it. I am nervous about making a mistake, and doing something to make them regret hiring me.


I am sad to see one door close, but excited and nervous to have another open wide in front of me. I am grateful to my family and my friends for all their support. I am grateful to my children who have been patient and caring all the time while I am working. I have come so far since March 26, 2005 when I was asked to leave my home, and with two suitcases, two carseats, 2 babies and a Kindergartener I boarded a plane, and began the journey of starting over. That day I had nothing but the children in my arms, some clothes, and today, I am in a home, my children are growing, and I am on the threshold of something truly great.
I am, today, truly blessed. But I still have a long way to go

1 comment:

Joy and Dennis said...

I am happy for you that there is waiting for you a new and fresh start at what appears to be an exciting job. I know that you will do just great there, and that your new co-workers will come to love and appreciate you and your hard work! They will wonder what they ever did without you!!!!!