Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life Reboot.... Do not adjust your screen

Yes, dear readers, it is I. I am sitting on the eve of the next great reboot in my life. Tomorrow I will walk into the hallowed halls of University of Houston as a full time, bona fide employee. Jazzed does not even describe the beginning of how this feels. For the longest time, my desire has been to become a part of a big university in some form or fashion, and begin the journey towards my eventual goals of becoming a librarian. Granted, the Graduate school of pharmacy isn't anywhere near the library, it would take about 30 minutes to even get there, but hey, it is a starting place, and I am grateful for it. I will have my own office, although humbler than the last one. I am so excited about this new grand adventure, and it begins tomorrow.

This will also give me an excuse to put the unpleasantness of the past behind me, and begin again, and be able to offer my children and my family a better life. I have been attempting to place some kind of humorous charicature on this experience, but there is none. I am getting yet another chance to start over, and I will take it and run.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Jazzed is great. Hang in there. We love you and are rooting for you. And remember, Mexican food is good for what ails you.
Love, Mom

Bill Cobabe said...

... or causes what ails you (heartburn)... Oh, mexican food! Why do I love thee so?!?

Librarian? Really? If I could do it all over again, I think I would have been a librarian. I love libraries/books/bibliophiles... I love the word "bibliophile" even though it sounds like a creep who stands in the corner of the library and peeps at books... ;-)

Joy and Dennis said...

Ahhhh...mmmmm....mexican food....all the spices, the flavors, the textures....mmmmmm....so wonderful....ooopppsss...sorry...I got carried away again with all the luciousness of the visions.

You will do great on your new job. I know it!!! And yes, you have been blessed with a great opportunity to start over, a fresh start. We, your friends, are rooting for you, we are cheering you on....listen...do you hear us cheering?.....