Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Honky Tonk Experience: How AARP members shake their groove things

Last night, in the wakes of my depression regarding hubby and his being missing and all, I got a thought to go to a local steakhouse for some good food. Usually when I go there, I get the most expensive steak on the menu, and sadly last night, I had to get the 3.99 hamburger, but I love the food, no matter what I order. I sat down in a room, and I noticed there was a tiny bandstand for one performer set up against a wall. As it turned out, one of my late-father's friends was performing last night, and i was seated in the area in which all his fans, who were also my father's fans were seated. I had a ball. I saw so many people that I hadn't seen in a very long time, and I had a rather reserved, upstanding load of fun singing at the top of my lungs and watching those around me joking around and it really gave me the chance to let my hair down, a little bit.

Hubby called last night, but I didn't talk to him. He called again this morning, and I spoke to him briefly. However, the time for talk is over, the time for action has come, stayed three days, and is now an uncomfortable houseguest that hogs the bathroom and insists on holding the remote control. I am just ready to toss him out on his butt.

No comments: