Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The brightest day

I have been doing a great deal of thinking and reflecting over the last little bit about life and the nature of it. Things change so fast, and my children are growing so quickly that it is difficult to pinpoint some of the true MOMENTS that define happiness. Right now things are so focused on getting through the workday, and getting things cleaned up, and doing this thing properly, or that thing properly.

I am finally beginning to accept my life for what it has turned out to be. I have lots of regrets about my past, but nothing to cripple my desire for the future. I do feel slightly pathetic that I am now 33 years old and I just have started to master the idea of having a clean kitchen every night. However, I am referring more to the fulfilling aspects of life rather than the rote day-to-day necessities. {author's note: I am speaking purely of what fulfills me, not necessarily what fulfills others}

This weekend, I want to have our house cleaned by noon, and then spend the rest of the day playing with my children. Then Sunday, I would actually like to go to church, and spend some time worshipping while attempting to keep my mind from screaming mentally every time I see someone kiss their husband or wife. Honestly, I want to shoot myself every time I hear someone say that marriage is the key to eternal happiness.... but it is everywhere.

So, the monkey brothers are moving on to the next phase of life. Still plagued by poverty, and struggles with contention, but hand-in-hand none the less.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Hooray for you! Huzzah! Huzzah! If I knew any other cheers, I would write them!

Joy and Dennis said...

Yeah for you! Remember, you have a great cheerleading squad out there cheering you on...even if you can't see us, we are there! And not only are we cheering for you, we are also praying for you and loving you.