Monday, July 27, 2009

Taking a break from depression

Taking a departure from my usual gloom and doom in my blog postings....

I ordered some catering from a restaurant in Houston today... a FRENCH restaurant.

Why is it when a man with an accent speaks to me, I automatically begin channeling Minnie Mouse? My voice was high and squeaky, and I had the uncontrollable urge to giggle endlessly. It is absolutely freaky how I allowed this frenchman to speak to me... all professionality went out the window.. he was asking me how tall I was and what color my eyes are.... I mean, the nerve!

I am STILL smiling and giggling to myself :)

3 comments:

The Domestic Flunky said...

Can I have his number? :)

Joanna said...

I know the feeling. My problem isn't with Frenchmen; it's with grandchildren. I can feel myself going into Grandma Voice as soon as I see them.

FullyF said...

Sadly, while I have a fair number of accents at my disposal..my French is more Pepe Le Pew than Maurice Chevalier.